PRD is holding its 14th party congress, and among its tasks is to elect 64 of the members to its national council. This is interesting as it allows for a glimpse of the relations of strength within the party:
* The social-democratic current Nueva Izquierda got 25 of the seats
* Its ally ADN, also close ideologically, got 14
* The infamous IDN current of the Bejarano-Padierna couple got only
* The list backing Marcelo Ebrard got only 3
* Foro Nuevo Sol, also a moderate current allied to Ebrard, got six
In sum: Despite all the bravado talk of taking over the party, the "radicals" of IDN remain a minority within the party. Perhaps they should consider joining instead the PT.