1) fought against independence
2) betrayed Mexico by favoring French intervention in the 19th century
3) virulently fought against the revolution
4) sponsored a religious uprising in the 1920s
5) has often failed to respect loyalty to the state and its insitutions
Now the church openly calls for Mexicans to vote in favor of parties that oppose gay marriage and women's reproductive rights.
Norberto Rivera Carrera, Mexico's cardinal - a man who should be locked up in prison not only for his failure to act against child raping priests, but specifically for his active sabotage of the investigations of these hideous crimes and his cover-up and protection of those responsible - has the following to declare:
it is not possible to make a political option those who are supporters or promoters of false rights and freedoms which threaten the teachings of the scripture, tradition and doctrine of the Church.In one way, it is at least an improvement: At least they didn't declare, "God free us from a fascist party like the PRD" as they did last time.