The brewing narcopolitics scandal in Michoacán is receiving international attention.
In short, Milenio got hold of recorded conversations where third-in-command of La Familia Michoacana (which supposedly is no longer existent), telling villagers in the Tierra Caliente and Tuzantla area to vote for PRI.
* PRD president Jesús Zambano said it was evidence of narco collusion with PRI and merely the tip of the ice berg
* PRD's defeated candidate Silvano Aureoles Conejo demands election be annulled.
* Cocoa, PAN's candidate and president Calderón's sister, demands and explanation
* So does the PRI.
* Political commentator Ciro Gómez Leyva apologizes to Cocoa for having belittled her claims of a narco vote
* SIEDO has launched an investigation
* New interior secretary Alejandro Poiré said the recordings were "very worrisome signs"
* PAN has now joined the PRD in demanding the elections be annulled.