* According to the PREP (preliminary results based on quick count), PRI won the governorship with 35.39 percent of the votes
* PRI won 11 local deputies for congress, PRD 8, and PAN 5
* PRI won 46 out of 113 municipalities (with PVEM alliance in several), PRD and allies 30 (down from 41), and PAN 27 (up from 20)
* 54.2 percent of voters participated.
* Silvano Aureoles Conejo, the left's candidate, says Sunday's election in Michoacán should be annulled, given what he says was massive federal intervention in the election, threats against PRD militants, and PRI collusion with organized crime.
* Do does Cocoa, president Calderón's sister and PAN's candidate. She also demands a vote-by-vote recount, and the count of 879 ballot boxes that were not counted by the PREP. I looked at the PREP and made references to these here. I think, too, these should be counted again.
* The winner according to the PREP, Fausto Vallejo Figueroa, denies any narco ties.
* Yet Manuel Camacho Solís, coordinator of the Diálogo para la Reconstrucción de México (DIA) left front of PRD, PT and MC, says the left should accept the results.
* The federal attorney general's office is investigating 42 concrete cases in relation to the election