Friday, March 4, 2011

SNTE bashed in Senate: Ricardo Monreal diatribe against "corrupt" Elba Esther Gordillo

It is seldom I find myself much in agreement with former Zacatecas governor, now-Senator Ricardo Monreal,   though I make an exception for Monreal's colorful outbursts in yesterday's session in the Senate:
"There is in the world no more corrupt union than SNTE. There is no more corrupt woman in the country than  Elba Esther Gordillo. Investigate her, and investigate me. I have no respect for a political union that keeps our education on the ground. I will not tolerate attacks. I do not fear their money or power; I am going to take on that woman, you and your union. Governors, legislators, and the president are afraid, but I am not. Here you will have me from today onward, fighting for the union to be transparent with its resources, because nobody knows how it is actually managed."
Can't say I disagree with this assessment. I hope Monreal actually will follow through on this quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment